Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Garksnaff

There they are
Floating mid-air
The claws of the ravenous Garksnaff

My eyes close tight
riding that impossible clawed image
Of an unknown hallucination

I crawled through thorny brush
It pricking and tearing
Past warnings terribly awry

Blood pools all over
Speaking to me, "Follow the brush not,
Or return, you will not..."

I break away
Into a clearing
Sensing a dark killing power

A clearing, maybe a lair
A bright sunny circle
But surrounded by shadowy trees

A growl I hear
A snarl from there
I frantically search 'till I see

The filthy claws
On the severed limbs
Blending to the darkness

Suspended arms
Attached to nothing
But the invisible, terrible beast

Purple scales, yellow feathers on knuckles
With it's sharp jagged talons
Dripping with blood of innocent

Out from the tree
Out from the brush
The Garknsnaff creates it's roar

The roar, a loud "Kra-ool!"
The brown saliva drips
As it's call sounds screams of it's victims

It swipes and attacks
Shredding my throat open
My deep red liquid pouring all 'round

The creature takes in a breath
With it's deep grumbling gasp
Devours my very last scream

I fall, crumpled, doubled in two
A victim of this beast
The beast, the last image in my eyes

There they are
Floating mid-air
The claws of the ravenous Garksnaff.

1 comment: