Monday, March 15, 2010

New found punctuation!

Man, am I really that nerdy that I am getting uber excited from finding new punctuations? Well I did just say uber... So yeah, I'm that nerdy haha. Anyways, while looking at a website where people post their literary tattoos, someone mentioned wanting to get a tattoo of the Interrobang. Well, never having heard of this before, I had to go look it up. And to my surprise, it was the greatest online discovery of my [so far] life!

"The interrobang, interabang, or quesclamation mark, ‽, is a nonstandard English-language punctuation mark intended to combine the functions of the question mark and the exclamation mark or exclamation point."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interrobang

Other great and interesting things I have found:

"The irony mark or irony point (؟) (French: point d’ironie; also called a snark or hook) is a proposed punctuation mark that was suggested to be used to indicate that a sentence should be understood at a second level (e.g. irony, sarcasm, etc.). It is illustrated by a small, elevated, backward-facing question mark. The irony mark has never been used widely. It appears occasionally in obscure artistic or literary publications."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony_mark

and

"The SarcMark, short for sarcasm mark, is a punctuation mark invented by Paul Sak designed to show when passages of text have a sarcastic tone. It resembles a cross between the @ symbol and the exclamation mark. " (I cannot yet find a version of this in typing to copy and paste and use on the computer...)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SarcMark

If anyone else knows of any other punctuation marks, lemme know! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment